Golden milk has been around for a long time and recognised for its health benefits, often used as a delicious night cap. More recently the turmeric latte has hit the cafes as a new healthy coffee alternative.
Curcumin, the antioxidant that gives turmeric its golden hue, has potent anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial, gastrointestinal health properties, which have been linked to the prevention of cancer cell growth and management of inflammatory conditions, such as arthritis, asthma, eczema and inflammatory bowel disease.
Golden Milk Recipe
prep 2 mins
cook 3 mins
total 5 mins
author wellness mama
Turmeric tea or golden milk is a great way to get the benefits of turmeric daily. I love drinking this just before bed.
* 2 cups of milk of choice (almond, coconut and dairy all work in this recipe)
* 1 tsp turmeric or turmeric spice mix * 1/2 tsp cinnamon * pinch of black pepper (increases absorption)
* tiny piece of fresh, peeled ginger root or 1/4 tsp ginger powder
* pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
* 1 tsp raw honey or maple syrup to taste
1. First, blend all ingredients in a high-speed blender until smooth.
2. Then, pour into a small saucepan and heat for 3-5 minutes over medium heat until hot but not boiling.
3. Drink immediately.