3 eggs, separated
3 Tablespoons cream cheese (Room temp)
¼ teaspoon baking powder (or cream of tartar)
Optional: 1 Tablespoon Honey or some natural sweetener, salt, garlic powder, rosemary
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees Celsius
- Separate the eggs, there must be no yolk in the white.
- In one bowl, mix together the egg yolks, cream cheese and honey until smooth.
- In the second bowl add 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder to the whites and beat the whites with the hand mixer on high speed until they are fluffy, form a nice peaks and hold their peaks. It should look something like this: (see photos above)
- Slowly fold the egg yolk mixture into the egg whites and mix carefully, you don’t want to break the fluffiness of the egg whites too much.
- Do the following as quickly as possible or the mixture may start melting – Spoon the mixture into 10-12 even rounds onto lightly greased baking sheet, sprinkle with rosemary or your favourite spices and put it in the oven.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes on the middle rack. Then grill (cook the top) for 1 minute or a minute and a half and watch it until they become nice and golden brown. At this point make sure you watch them so they don’t burn
- Remove from the oven and let cool and enjoy!
- Calories 38.5
- Total Fat 2.9 g Saturated Fat 1.3 g Polyunsaturated Fat 0.4 g Monounsaturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 60.6 mg
- Sodium 83.1 mg
- Potassium 28.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.0 g Dietary Fiber 0.0 g Sugars 0.8 g Protein 2.2 g
- Vitamin A 3.0 % Vitamin B-12 2.7 % Vitamin B-6 1.3 % Vitamin C 0.0 % Vitamin D 3.0 % Vitamin E 0.2 % Calcium 3.7 % Copper 0.1 % Folate 1.9 % Iron 1.8 % Magnesium 0.1 % Manganese 0.1 % Niacin 0.0 % Pantothenic Acid 0.1 %
- Phosphorus 4.5 % Riboflavin 3.5 % Selenium 0.2 % Thiamin 0.0 % Zinc 1.4 %